Summit to highlight sustainability in skyscrapers
More than 300 senior architects, engineers, policy-makers, developers, contractors and building managers from the GCC will be in Dubai, UAE, to attend the Smart Skyscrapers Summit, which kicks off next week.
The second Annual Smart Skyscrapers Summit is being held at Sofitel Dubai ‘The Palm Resort and Spa’ from 11 to 12 May under the patronage of the Dubai Municipality, said the event organizers, Expotrade.
The summit will be inaugurated by Abdullah Al Rafia, the assistant director general of the Engineering and Planning Department of Dubai Municipality.
The ‘by-invitation-only’ summit will see experts deliver a series of thought-provoking presentations, case studies and panel discussions focused on bringing into the limelight the latest advancements in skyscraper technology whilst focusing on highlighting challenges and solutions in sustainable development.
At the heart of the summit is sustainability, with topics on the agenda shedding light on issues such as construction challenges, intelligent transit, safety, innovative technology, energy efficiency and trends in architecture, said the organisers.
This year, the speakers include
- Ahmad K Abdelrazaq, senior executive vice president, Samsung C&T;
- Wassim Aboushaar, executive managing director, Schindler Middle East;
- Saeed Alabbar, director, AESG;
- Simon Lay, director (Fire Engineering) AECOM;
- Abdulmajid Karanouh, director (Head of Façade) Ramboll Middle East;
- Rudi Clayton, manager (Marketing & Exports) SULB Company;
- Dr Yasser Mahgoub, the head of architecture and urban planning, College of Engineering, Qatar University;
- Johannes de Jong, head of technology, Major Projects, Kone;
- Errol Bull, architectural engineer, Technical Services Manager, GE Construction Sealants;
- Gabor Andrasi, sales and marketing director – Africa & Middle East, Guardian;
- Rafic Hanbali, managing partner, Emirates Insolaire and
- Wulf Binder, sales manager (Architecture) Novelis.
This year’s edition features a greater number of partnerships with major building construction related companies such as Schindler, SULB Company, Kone, Al-Jazeera Paints, Emerson Climate Technologies, Kansai Paint, GE Sealants, Guardian, Emirates Insolaire, UTC Building & Industrial Systems, Vision Project Services and Novelis.
The exhibitor lounge will feature over 25 solution-providers showcasing their innovative product ranges for the benefit of the audience.
TradeArabia News Service http://www.tradearabia.com/ 6 May 2015
These 10 pictures below are of the most exciting skyscraper projects in the GCC. They were selected as 10 of the amazing building projects under construction in the GCC at the last Big 5 Hub ( https://www.thebig5hub.com/ ).
All of these buildings works are already well underway, and are either restarted megaprojects, fresh designs or what could be the world’s tallest buildings by the end of this decade.