University World News in its issue No. 391, quoting the Emirates 24/7 online local news medium, reports that all government and private universities and higher education institutions in the country will include ‘innovation and business leadership’ as part of their curriculum starting from January 2016.
“This was announced by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, in partnership with Leyland Stanford University from the United States. According to the ministry, the ‘innovation and business leadership’ curriculum will be compulsory for all higher education institutions across the nation.
The project will be phased over 5 stages, each with a specific themed activities for which seven experts from Stanford University will be invited to attend
These are going to be implemented as highlighted below :
- Organisation of an Innovation and Business Leadership Forum between 22-23 November in the presence of some US experts.
- Teaching of this subject in three universities of the UAE.
- Involving 30 members of universities and higher education institutes in workshops and seminars about the teaching of this topic.
- Involving the above members with visits to Stanford University and Dubai Silicon Oasis.
- As a final stage, consultations to last 5 days on how to develop the educational project in the UAE will be offered.
The above mentioned forum aiming to presumably spread, enrich the culture of innovation and enhance students’ knowledge about it will be arranged with the participation of more than 20 universities and educational institutes. No details of venue(s) were communicated so far.